Here’s a brief media round up from last night’s Empire Corridor High Speed Rail Draft Environmental Impact Statement Public Hearing.
1) WNYT – High speed rail travel one step closer to reality (we’re mentioned in passing at the end)
2) Albany Times Union – Albany DOT hearing reveals public wants faster trains
3) Troy Record – Chugging along: Public hearing held on proposed high-speed rail
4) Schenectady Gazette – Upstate high-speed rail project getting strong support
5) The Saratogian – Eye on the rail: Public hearing held for proposed train service
Overall, we made our OK, considering the breaking news aspect of the “big picture.” Thankfully the Bridge is not controversial, so limited press coverage at this stage is almost a compliment. We’re hopeful that as the project nears the press will continue to be involved and even more engaged.